Sunday, May 2, 2010

Barbeque and Cards!

We made plans to have lunch at Aunt Linda’s house today which, in nice weather, always means a barbeque. Uncle John was there which is great, but he was double dipping all over the place! First dad caught him (which stopped my dipping in the ranch right away) then mom did! I’m glad we went over because otherwise, I think we would have had chicken. Again.
Aunt Linda started hassling dad about his beard about ten minutes after we got to the house.
"It;s getting pretty darn long," she said, and pulled out the new razor she got for her three poodles. “Here, Bob. I’ll just grab it right here and trim all that right off over the trash can,” she said holding up the razor and reaching towards his face.
“Who’ve you used that on?”
She waved the hand holding the razor around at the three poodles and everyone laughed. Except dad! He reached for the razor to look at the blades to see if there was any hair there, but he can’t read normal sized font, let alone see some short white dog hairs in a razor! I’m glad Aunt Linda was laughing though because she has been sad lately. Since I’m leaving Saturday for vacation, I gave her a mother’s day card today which also made her happy. I bought it at Wal-Mart and decided that I will never buy cards again. Of course I have, though. My friend Shannon’s birthday is this summer so I picked up an awesome card from the kids section. The children’s card is where it’s at. Other cards are too serious! That’s why I like to make them myself when it comes to important occasions like weddings, anniversaries, thank you cards, and love cards.
I’ve made valentines four times now for my super amazing boyfriend Evan, and it’s really easy to make endearing cards for loved ones. You can write anything inside and it’s automatically the best someone will receive because it took time to make it. Even if the words aren’t Hallmark quality, it’s always heartwarming. With this in mind, I collected my scrapbooking materials and headed into the living room. I got so excited that I made a mother’s day card for my mom, my godmother, and Evan’s mom, Marie. I haven’t written anything inside Marie’s card because I think it will be nice if he writes in it. He has terrible penmanship, but I know she’ll love it. Maybe I’ll suggest he work on it with his brother Aaron.
Countdown to vacation....six days!

No comments: