Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Elusive Undergarments

Have a shirt that bares your back and need a bra that doesn’t show? New spring fashions are cute, flirty, and fun, but what the heck do we wear under them?!
One popular new trend is shirts with lace backs that show off skin from the collar to the waist line. When I first wore my shirt, I was tempted to wear a tank top underneath to hide my bra, but I realized that this was the exact opposite point of the top. This past year I have seen more and more fashion ideas going back to using lace and crochet details. In the fall the rosette became popular along with lace sewn onto sleeves and hems, but, for spring, designers have gotten bold and removed the cloth to bare the skin. The idea is to show! Not hide! With this in mind, I went in search of bras that won’t show.
The place that offers the most bra options is, of course, Victoria’s Secret. The bad things about VS bras is that they are all $50 or more and require hand-washing.
For the shirt that has one sleeve, a racerback, or narrow front (like a maxi dress), go with the Biofit 7-way bra, It's available in 12 colors, and both straps are removable so that it can be worn in the classic style, one strap, strapless, halter, v-front, crisscross front, and racerback. The bra also comes with clear plastic straps in a small bag that matches the bra. These bras are super versatile which makes them great for vacations and cruises for lighter packing.
If your shirt bares your back to the waistline, check out backless bras. Victoria’s Secret has push up backless bras and demi backless bras available in various colors. The bras come with instructions, because the bra adheres to the skin.
If your shirt just comes a little too low in the back and shows your bra, get a low-back bra. VS has the 100-way bra that has an extra strap that you attach at the back, wrap around your belly and attach with the hooks on the other side. I have not checked this bra out in person because I have no need for this bra when I have the Biofit 7-way, but I have heard that it is a great bra.
So get to shopping, and don’t forget to be fabulous!

No comments: